This will be a good spot to gather ideas for the project we're doing for PE 4200 and discuss any other issues we may be having. There is a link to a page for PE 4200 on the left.
Argh! I'm not ready for this semester yet ): Are we going to do a group recorder session for music? It would be SO funny to do a mix (or remix) video of us playing... set it to a beat- ok, I'll admit that I thought WAY too much about music class and not enough about the others.
Finding the music won't be the problem, spending way too much time learning it will be though. We could do a montage of intro's from classic songs, or just stick with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
Jason says - It's Jethro Tull, the song Aqualung. Jethro Tull is known for having flute solo's. I just checked the lyrics though and the first verse is "Sitting on a park bench eyeing little girls with bad intent." Probably not a good song for Elementary Ed Music class.
did everyone get my email about the ventrilo program? We all need to pick a night to log in... I'm thinking either Monday night at 9PM- that way you guys will have the weekend to go get a microphone or headset with microphone... Let me know I still need to email kelly
Click "Comments to post a comment"
ReplyDeleteJust testing this out to see if I signed up right.
ReplyDeleteYay! Did you tell the other members yet?
ReplyDeleteHere's a link to our Pedagogy books website
ReplyDeletehttp://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0073378674/student_view0/
It's got the same PRAXIS and chapter tests that are on the class page.
I just sent the info. now. Getting ready to post in the PE site....
ReplyDeleteArgh! I'm not ready for this semester yet ):
ReplyDeleteAre we going to do a group recorder session for music? It would be SO funny to do a mix (or remix) video of us playing... set it to a beat- ok, I'll admit that I thought WAY too much about music class and not enough about the others.
I think Aqualung would be perfect for the recorder
ReplyDeleteYou find the music for Aqualung and I'm in. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteFinding the music won't be the problem, spending way too much time learning it will be though. We could do a montage of intro's from classic songs, or just stick with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
ReplyDeleteSince I dont know what Aqualung is (sorry! What did they sing??) let's just stick to twinkle twinkle.
ReplyDeleteif we really want to get creative I could throw in other instruments I know how to play on, like the accordion or the ukulele
ReplyDeleteJason says - It's Jethro Tull, the song Aqualung. Jethro Tull is known for having flute solo's. I just checked the lyrics though and the first verse is "Sitting on a park bench eyeing little girls with bad intent." Probably not a good song for Elementary Ed Music class.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely not... if we are going to do that song- lets just play michael jackson music... at least everyone will know who he is.
ReplyDeletedid everyone get my email about the ventrilo program? We all need to pick a night to log in... I'm thinking either Monday night at 9PM- that way you guys will have the weekend to go get a microphone or headset with microphone... Let me know I still need to email kelly
ReplyDeleteMonday at 9pm works for me, I'm planning on picking up my headset tomorrow.
ReplyDelete